Galina’s battlefield tours for Army & Combined Cadet Forces examine the role of Britain’s armed forces in two world wars, considering the nature of conflict and the importance of qualities such as courage, perseverance, resourcefulness and responsibility. The tours will also highlight the role of leadership and the value of discipline, training and morale. Finally, they will enhance an appreciation of concepts such as duty, good citizenship and service to the community. Click here for prices
Cadet Tours via Dover
- Ypres & the Menin Gate (2 days)
- Flanders & the Ypres Salient (3 days)
- The Somme, Arras & Vimy (3 days)
- Cambrai & Hindenburg Line (3 days)
- Ypres, Somme & Vimy Ridge (4 days)
- Dunkirk: Operation Dynamo (3 days)
- D-Day Landings: Operation Overlord (4 days)
- Arnhem: Operation Market Garden (4 days)
Cadet Tours via Hull or Portsmouth
The battles selected illustrate a range of different types of military operation such as siege (Ypres, Messines, Vimy); attacking or defending a fortified line (Somme, Passchendaele, Cambrai, Hindenburg Line); blitzkrieg (Dunkirk); seaborne assault,
deception and air control (Normandy) and
air assault (Arnhem). Topics include:
- An overview of the conflict
- Grand strategy & strategy
- Operations & tactics
- Terrain & weather
- Role of logistics in operational planning
- The chain of command
- Training, discipline & experience
- The Principles of War: an outline
- Different styles of leadership
- Different types of warfare
- Pilgrimage & remembrance
Prices & Further Details
Click here for group accommodation in Belgium & Northern France.
Click here for group accommodation on Arnhem tours.
Click here for group accommodation in Normandy.
If you decide to travel with us, please complete a booking form and return it together with your deposit to our address in Chester. Our terms and conditions are available on the website (see footer below).